Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Legend of Zeldaaaaaaaaa

Hey everyone!

So, it's been a while since I posted I know. I've been playing catch up with the bloodsport images. I'm posting my final for the Zelda Windwaker re-deisgn challenge, which I learned a ton from. It's the first painting in Photoshop where I did a really tight line drawing beforehand, which was really helpful in forcing myself to actually think about all the forms and shapes before moving into value and color. Also the first painting where I utilized locking transparency on more than just 1 layer. Still experimenting with that, but I'm understanding it much better. And, thanks to a couple tutorials and some critiques from friends I gained a little better understanding of the importance of silhouette. :) While the bloodsports are on break, I'll be working on completing an old challenge that I didn't participate in. I did some sketching but I want to work on the character's design some more until I get something I really like. Anyway, that's all for now. Making progress feels pretty nice. :)

- Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment