Monday, December 19, 2011

Recovery

Hey everyone,

So it's clearly been a while, and I don't want to ramble on and on with excuses so I'll just give a quick list of all the stuff I had to deal with in the last couple weeks. Thanksgiving weekend was a nice time with my family, and overall one of the better holidays I've had at home, but it still threw off my work schedule a bit. The week after I was able to get some drawing done, but I never got to post it because on the 6th I ended up in the ER with appendicitis. Had to have surgery and spent the rest of that week recovering. It was unfortunate because I had to cancel birthday plans and a bunch of other things, not to mention I couldn't get any drawing done for a while because the medications I was on made me really drowsy and it was painful to sit up for long periods. Anyway! Finally got back into the sketchbook and did some portraits of some of my friends' kids to give as presents, and a few other side projects that weren't drawing related. Now that I'm feeling better I'm going to try and push through Christmas and New Year's celebrations without a whole lot of slowing down, and start 2012 off with some good momentum. I have a few commissions to work on for friends, so that will be a nice way to break up the monotony of studies.

Here's the work, hope you like it, I'm glad to be back.      - Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment