Friday, January 27, 2012

Bloodsport 4 - Gorilla Guardians

Hey guys!

I know it has been a while, but I wanted to post this as one big update just to set a marker for the upcoming months. Attached is my entry for the Crimson Daggers Bloodsport Challenge on Toy Design. And also a compiled image of all the studies I did for it.

This is super exciting for me, for a lot of reasons. It's the first full color illustration/project I've done in Photoshop. I was able to get over my apprehension regarding a lot of things surrounding practice and just getting used to my tablet/painting in Photoshop in general. And not to sound like I'm blowing my ego up, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the final result, I didn't think when I set out on this challenge that I would end up with an image that looked like this.

Anyway, really excited to continue with these challenges, the next one is going to be a ton of fun. I'll probably post my studies as I work on them instead of doing the giant compilation at the end this time around.

- Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment