Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's 2012, and time to start the year off right with being productive and positive! I spent a few days at a really close friend's apartment in Salem for her traditional birthday/New Year's Eve party, which was nice as I hadn't really had a chance to spend any decent amount of time with her since May. I didn't get any drawing done while I was there, so I don't have anything visible to post, but I did finish reading the book on capoeira history that I had been taking notes on and reading while I can't physically train. It is a pretty hefty tome of information, but now I have 17 pages of notes which I can review and discuss with people when I feel like revisiting the subject. I'm going to try to finish volume 2 in a similar timeframe, and after that I think I will be done with capoeira history for at least a little while. While it's not something I find really fascinating to read about, it is interesting and I think worthwhile to understand at least a little bit of the history of an artform I am so personally invested and dedicated to. So that's all, just an update on my new year's weekend/progress towards capoeira goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment